Its quite rare that you'll spot a new monthly favorites post on my blog now, but I could hardly let 2013 go without sharing some of the products which I think really are worth departing with your hard earned cash for. I don't usually do monthly favourites mainly because I'm rubbish at remembering, and quite often it's just the same products that keep popping up for me as it usually takes me a few months to really love a product enough to pop it in a favorites post, but I've had a whole year to think about these! You'll probably notice that this post only features make up related products, that's because I'm still not completely happy with my skincare routine and didn't want to share anything which I wasn't 100% happy with.
1. Maybelline Colour Tattoo's: I can't tell you how many times I've looked over a MAC counter umm-ing and ahh- ing over one of their Paint Pots, but at almost £20 each, it's not something I can often afford. When I came across the Maybelline colour tattoo's I thought I would give some of the shades a go as they looked quite similar. These are pretty much exact dupes for the Paint Pots, the only issue I have with them is the colour range which is quite limited. But that aside, these are really great cream eyeshadows which I love to use as a base for powder products to keep my eyeshadow in place all day. The colours I've featured here are On And On Bronze and Pink Gold as I find these two shades to be the most wearable from the collection, but I've heard Metallic Pomegranate is stunning too.
2. Urban Decay Naked Palettes - I couldn't do a 2013 favourites without mentioning these. I only own the Naked and Naked 3 palette as I found the Naked 2 to be a bit too similar to the first one but they truly are stunning palettes and really high quality. What I love most about these palettes is that every shade is wearable so you really are getting your moneys worth. There's nothing worse than splashing out on a palette to find that it's full of bright shades which you know you'll never wear.
3. YSL Touche Eclat Foundation: So far, this is my all time favourite foundation. I haven't tried that many MAC and Nars foundations which seem to be favourites among bloggers, but so far I haven't felt the need to as I've been repurchasing this one. It gives you a radiant dewy finish without picking up on any dry patches, making it perfect for my skin. Also, the colour is spot on for my skin tone, which is something I often struggle with.
4. e.l.f Blusher in Gotta Glow: Although elf lists this as a blusher, it's definitely a highlighter. It's a really pretty light white/golden shade with a hint of shimmer that looks great dusted over the op of your cheek bones. I've been wanting to try MAC Soft & Gentle for ages now but right now, this one is doing me just fine and it's such a bargain.
5. Sleek Brow Kit: I found this brow kit while I was looking for something to replace my Benefit Browzings and I'm so glad I did. This is over half the price of the Benefit option and it's a complete dupe, in fact, I think I like it more than the Benefit option. It makes it so easy to do your brows without leaving them looking completely drawn on - I'd definitely reccomend checking this out if you want an easy way to do your brows.
6. Benefit Hoola Bronzer: I picked up this bronzer with a voucher that I got for my Birthday from my lovely work colleagues and I'm so glad I chose this as I love it and use it almost everyday. It's the perfect shade for me if I just dust it over my cheeks and is a great contour shade as it contains no shimmer.
7. MAC Studio Fix Powder: This is my all time favourite powder. It's the perfect shade, coverage and finish which completely breaks my heart as I find myself repurchasing such an expensive powder over and over again. Despite how much I love this, my student budget just doesn't allow me to keep on loving this so this year, I'm hoping to find a good drugstore dupe - so send any suggestions my way!
8. Benefit Boing Concealer: Last but certainly not least is Benefit Boing Concealer. I have this on 01 and find it to give such a great brightening effect under my eyes and completely covers my dark circles and if you'd seen me in the morning you'd know how hard that was! It doesn't crease and has a very natural finish - something I will definitely be re-purchasing.